The Bergdorf Parish was created through a ministerial decision on 13 November 1864 in which colonies were separated from the Glückstal and Kassel Parishes to create the Bergdorf Parish. These colonies included Bergdorf, founded in 1810, which until now belonged to the Glückstal Parish, and the Bergdorf daughter colony of Marienberg. In succession the colonies of Friedental, Klein-Glückstal, and Sofiental, among others, became part of the parish.(4)

The following pastors served the Bergdorf Parish: Paul Guntbert Christian Baumann, 1865-1868; Adolf Lockenberg, 1868-1873; Adalbert Karl Heinrich Birnbach, 1874-1900; Hermann Blumenbach, 1901-1904; Karl Otto Seib, 1912-1924; and Friedrich Merz.(4,7)

Included in the Bergdorf Parish in 1905 were: Bergdorf with 1225 members, Friedental (Trechgrad) with 400 members, Klein-Glückstal (Woljtschi) with 150 members, the leased land villages of Marienberg with 325 members, Sofiental with 230 members, Kuscharka with 150 members, Topik with 50 members, Balizki with 50 members, Post with 50 members, and the Chutors Brinsa and Desiner with 50 members each.4 In a volume published in 1865, the Bergdorf Colony was listed as having 1430 inhabitants and a school with 2 grades and 300 children.(2)

A Bergdorf (Kolosowa) church was first built in 1810, and a new one was built in 1851, with dedication the same year. The inner appointments, which included gas lighting, were described as simple and pleasing. The building seated 700 people. The church garden was artfully laid out. There was also a lovely large parsonage in Bergdorf.(4,7)

Church schools were located in: Bergdorf with 200 students, Friedental with 97 students, Klein-Glückstal with 51 students, Marienberg with 68 students, Sofiental with 41 students, Kuscharka with 20 students, and Topik, Balizki, Brinsa and Desiner with 10 students each.(4)