The Glückstal Parish was established in the year 1810 and consisted of the German colonies of Glückstal, Neudorf, Kassel, and Bergdorf which were founded in 1809.(7) Subsequently, these colonists formed the colonies of Klein-Bergdorf (established in 1860), Chutor Krontal (founded in 1870 by Glückstallers, Neudorfers and Bergdorfers), and Neu-Beresina (founded by Old Beresina colonists), and Friedental (founded by Großliebentalers), which became part of the Glückstal Parish. In the year 1851 Kassel was separated from the Glückstal Parish, and established as another parish and in the year 1864 Bergdorf became a second parish from which Friedental was removed in 1902. Neu-Glückstal and Neu&endash;Beresina became part of the Hoffnungstal (Odessa) Parish in 1895. 4
Pastors serving in the Glückstal Parish include: A. Kruisberg, 1811-1816; Johannes Karl Doll, 1824-1829; Friedrich Pensel, 1829-1848; Theodor Anton Neander, 1848-1852; Carl Doll, 1855-1858; Emil Hackman, 1858-1863; Georg Friedrich Kerm, 1864-1878; M. Friedrich Schrenk, 1880-1902; Julius Georg Schilling, 1905-1919; Friedrich Merz, 1915-1916; Heinrich Roemmich, 1915-1917; and Emil Schimke, 1924-1927.4,7
In 1905, the Glückstal colony, earlier known as Glinnaja, had 4010 members; Neudorf, earlier known as Karamanowa, had 1508 members; Klein Bergdorf, earlier known also as Neu-Bergdorf on the Grigoriopol leaseland, had 400 members; and the Chutor Krontal had 50 members.4 According to a 1909 publication, church schools were located in Glückstal with 344 students, in Neudorf with 190 students, in Klein-Bergdorf with 35 students, and in Krontal with ten students.4
Glückstal Colony had a church and pastor's residence, and a school with 2 grades with 356 children registered (1865). In addition, without colony status, there was leased land near Grigoriopol with 190 inhabitants (probably Crownland); land leased from Kopeik with 36 inhabitants; and land leased from Strahler with 22 inhabitants.2 At the time the community was established in 1808 there were several small mud and adobe houses (which had been built by the Moldavians) that were purchased and used as housing until 1832. The Glückstal or Glinnaja church was first built on the site of a church used by the Romanians. A beautiful new church, able to seat 800 people, was built in 1845. The two manual organ was purchased from the Rieger organ factory in Jägerndorf and cost 3500 rubles. The church, built in the classical style after the plan of Christian Beutelspacher, was renovated and redecorated in 1907.7 The church parsonage, built in 1811, totally burned in 1815. A new parsonage was not built until 1840, and was then replaced in 1906.4 The congregation showed their thanks and appreciation to the efforts of Pastor Georg Schilling, who served from 1909 to 1919, in the form of a lovely large parsonage. As early as 1865, in addition to the church and pastor's residence, there was a school in Glückstal with 2 grades and 356 children registered.
The Klein Bergdorf church is described as a beautiful little stone church with a pointed tower and a green metal roof standing in the middle of the village among the rows of dwellings. The front of the building served as a church, and the back as a school and government office.7 Klein Bergdorf had been established in 1860. The small church and school was built of stone in 1861, and remodeled in the 1890s.4