The Hoffnungstal Parish originated with those who established the German colony of Hoffnungstal in the years 1818 and 1819. The inhabitants were Crown of Wurttemberg emigrants who arrived in the Tiraspol District. The Parish was built on a site used by Bulgarian settlers in the deteriorated village of Zebrikowo. It was located on a large land complex which was under the direction of the Crown. The colonists were entitled to choose their own spiritual leaders from their midst, pending final approval and confirmation by the parish administration. In October of 1837 Hoffnungstal retained its first ordained pastor, Wilhelm Poeschel. From this time forward Hoffnungstal was an Evangelical-Lutheran Parish. The Parish remained independent until 7 April 1888 when the Interior Ministry of the St. Petersburg Evangelical Lutheran Consistory revoked all standing privileges as an independent congregation.(4)

Hoffnungsfeld, a daughter colony of Hoffnungstal, was established on purchased land in the year 1858. In 1860 Eigenfeld was established. As a result, two leased land areas had to be returned by Hoffnungstal to the Crown, namely Seebach and Nesselrode. Pastor G. Becker, who followed Pastor Poeschel, established a private institute in the proximity of Hoffnungstal to develop strong and vigorous training programs for the school. Unfortunately, this institute existed only four years before it closed.(4)

In the year 1890 the Colony Makarowka became part of the parish. In the 1890's, the Colonies of Neu-Glückstal and Neu-Beresina, which up to that time belonged to the Glückstal Parish, and a settlers' complex on Gutsland, Schirajewo, became part of the parish. In the new century, the leased land Colony of Gross-Fontal and smaller leased land villages and chutors became part of the parish.(4)

The following pastors served the Hoffnungstal Parish: Wilhelm Poeschel, 1837-1856; Friedrich Schock, 1857-1861; Peter Gustav Becker, 1863-1887; August Haenschke II, 1888-1893; Johannes Hohloch, 1895-1902; Emil Ernst Cholodetzky, 1902-1909; Immanuel Winkler, 1911-1918; Friedrich Merz, 1919-1927; Emil Schimke, 1928-1932; and Karl Vogel, 1932-1933.(4,7)

Membership in the Hoffnungstal Parish, as published in 1909, was as follows: Hoffnungstal, 1640 members; Hoffnungsfeld (Torossowo), 396 members; Eigenfeld (Sachanskoje), 178 members; Seebach (Luntscha), 145 members; Nesselrode (Kujalnik), 212 members; Gross-Fontal, 76 members; Makarowka, 279 members; Neu-Beresina (Malaja-Siminowka), 193 members; Neu-Glückstal (Zybuljewka), 560 members; the leased land villages of Malichonowo with 25 members; Sherebkowo with 65 members; Grekowo with 15 members; Irenowka with 35 members; Neuhof (Witaschewskoje) with 32 members; Mardarowka with 25 members; Ishizkoje with 80 members; and Schirajewo with 92 members.(4) Earlier, in 1865, Matthias described Neu Glückstal as having 199 inhabitants.(2)

A church in Hoffnungstal, built of stone, seated 378 persons, and in Neu Glückstal, a church also of stone, seated 300.(4)

Church schools, in 1909, were located in Hoffnungstal with four classes and 240 students, Hoffnungsfeld with 75 students, Eigenfeld with 28 students, Seebach with 25 students, Nesselrode with 52 students, Gross-Fontal with 13 students, Makarowka with 50 students, Neu-Beresina with 50 students, and Neu-Glückstal with 97 students.(4)