The Kassel Parish was established in 1851. Prior to 1851 the parish belonged to the Glückstal Parish which was founded in 1809. Within several years after its establishment, newly formed colonies joined the Kassel Parish. These colonies include Klein-Neudorf, Kurdomanowa, Michaelstal, Pirowarowa, Bogdanowka, the Czechoslovakian Colony of Grosulowo, and the village of Balta. In the 1870's Pirowarowa, Neu-Freudental, Kurdomanowa, and Balta (in 1864) left the parish and became part of the Bergdorf Parish while Bogdanowka and Grosulowo separated from the parish. On the other hand, the Kassel Parish was joined in succession by the small colonies of Woinitsch, Blumental, Neu-Sawitzky, several small lease land villages, and the City of Tiraspol.4 Matthias reports that Klein Neudorf was organized in 1854.2

The following pastors have served the Kassel Parish: Nikolaus Emil Justus Mickwitz, 1852-1865; Karl Wilhelm Segnitz, 1866-1870; Ludwig Katterfield, 1873-1875; Peter Gustav Becker, 1875-1882; Georg Leonard Eppeler 1882-1897; Heinrich Mantel, 1897-1908; Waldemar Seib, 1914-1922; and Wilhelm Frank, 1923-1935.4,7

Membership in the parish of Kassel included: The Colony of Kassel (in 1909) with 1715 members; Klein-Neudorf, 270 members; Woinitsch, 110 members; Blumental (Kowatsch), 76 members; Neu-Sawitzky, 86 members; the City of Tiraspol, 50 members; the lease land villages of Michelstal, 40 members; Horski with 35 members; Kardamitsch with 20 members; Manuchin, 30 members; Wakarski, 28 members; and the Chutors Polesnaja with 30 members and Wodina with 26 members.4

In 1909 there were church schools in Kassel with 260 students, Klein-Neudorf with 54 students, Woinitsch with 23 students, Blumental with 20 students, and Neu-Sawitzky with 20 students.4 There is no school mentioned for Piwowarowa in 1865, and from Michelstal, the children attended school in a sod hut in Maskalov's Chutor.2