A Lutheran church was first built in Neudorf in 1829, but by the 1860's it was in such poor condition it needed to be demolished. In the year 1865 a new church was built of stone at a cost of 8000 rubles, with the church supplying 1000 rubles and the Ministerium of the State Domain guaranteeing 1500 rubles. This church was renovated in 1908.(4)

Schnurr describes the Neudorf church as having a tall pointed spire, visible high above the houses of the community. Dedicated 16 October 1866 (built in 1865), the church could seat 500 people, but had room for 800. It replaced a prayer house used between 1825 and 1829. The interior of the church was described as simple but pleasing. There was a Rieger organ (two manual) from Jägerndorf, which cost 1800 rubles. The church plaza in Neudorf was beautifully situated with the cemetery behind the church and the church garden. Dr. Karl Stumpp records the Neudorf population in 1918 as 1,896 and in 1943 a population of 2, 401.(8)

The village of Neudorf was early associated with the Reformed Church. The Reformed Church and prayer house was located in the second main street, and was two stories tall. The Baptist school and prayer house was built in 1912 at a cost of 5000 rubles.(7)

Pastors in Neudorf were (all from the registers of pastors of the Reformed faith): Wilhelm Brückner, 1862-1867; Gottfried Locher, 1870-1873; Friedrich Barnehl, 1899-1905.(7)

Schoolteachers in Neudorf were Jakob Ritter (1884-1907) and J. Grossman (1908-1915), and the number of students varied from 200 to 356 in the years 1884-1915. Russian teachers and assistants included: Wilhelm Schmoll, Konstantin Pavlor, Chr. Eisenbarth, Georg Flemmer, Fed. Bussuk, Jakob Heer, G. Kamerer, Leonid Moschan, Anatoli Dollner, Nikolai Bakonsky, Julius Hellroth, Eduard Wernick, Th. Babenko, and C. Baran.(8,9)